Overview for Employees

The Master’s Plan works with Churches and 501(c)3 ministries to design and maintain retirement plans that cater uniquely to each church or ministry it serves.

Since a 403(b)7 is an employer-sponsored retirement plan, individuals would not be eligible to start one on their own. They would need to contact their employer and request the employer contact us regarding eligibility.

A church, or a church-controlled organization, can adopt a plan for the pastor/minister/priest and any employee who receives earned, taxable income (W-2). This would include full and part-time employees, worship pastors, office personnel, day care employees, etc. Even if the church runs a day care or school, teachers and school staff are eligible. Basically, anyone who works and receives earned income and a W-2 at the end of the year from the church or church-controlled organization is eligible under the church plan.

For ministries and non-profit organizations that are not affiliated with a church, there are additional requirements for eligibility. Due to the varying nature of organizations, and the regulations that apply to each unique organization, we encourage you to call to explore eligibility..


Request to add a Christian retirement plan as an option.

Refer your organzation to start a biblically responsible 403(b)7.


Where to Start

Start with encouraging your employer to examine retirement options for their valued employees that will not compromise the beliefs upon which the ministry is built. The Master’s Plan will provide education and guidance without any kind of obligation or charge. The ultimate goal is to help all ministries steward their money in a way that honors God.

  • Request to add a Christian retirement plan if your organization does not already offer one.

    Refer your organization to start a biblically responsible 403(b)7. One of the biggest hurdles in establishing a retirement plan for employees of non-profits and ministries is the start-up expense. Since The Master’s Plan establishes and administers a plan at no-charge, many employers are able to offer something that was previously untenable. Encourage your employer to call us directly for information on eligibility and options.

  • Request to substitute a Christian retirement plan if your organization is offering one that is not biblically aligned.

    Refer your organization to start a biblically responsible 403(b)7. Most ministries and churches are not aware of the ability to maintain biblical responsibility in investment plans. The Master’s Plan utilizes Timothy Plan mutual funds, which are subject to over 60 filters to remove companies that act contrary to a traditional biblical ethic. An existing group retirement plan can be rolled over to a biblically responsible 403(b)7 through the Master’s Plan, without incurring additional fees for set up and administration. Encourage your employer to call us directly for information on eligibility and options. (Please note your current plan provider may charge an exit fee.)


Understanding Your Employer's Options

As an employee, there are many decisions to be made by your employer to best serve their employees. Employees need to contact their employer to find out which options are available:

  • tax-sheltered deferrals
  • Roth deferrals
  • both tax-shetered deferrals and Roth deferrals
  • housing allowance
  • vesting schedule
  • timing of elgibiity
  • employee deferrals
  • employer match
  • employer contributions
  • allow rollovers
  • allow transfers
  • minimum age limit

Once Plan Becomes Available

If your employer adopted The Master's Plan 403(b)7, they will notify its employees once the plan becomes available. Here are some things to consider before investing in the plan:



Opening a 403(b)7 account for the first time.


Open your first 403(b) and start preparing for retirement.



Transfer funds from an existing 403(b)7 account.


Employees can transfer funds from an existing 403(b) into The Master's Plan 403(b).



Add contributions to your 403(b)7 account.


Contributions can only be from the earned income from the employer (who may elect to match contributions).